Have you ever wondered about Built-Up Roofs with Gravel? Is it worth the investment?
Brick-borne blog has all your answers for you.
Picture this: you have layers of roofing stacked together to form a protective member. Above it all? Gravel! But you must think that this gravel on top of a built-up roof is for the aesthetics. You are not wrong however there is always more than what meets the eye.
One of the reasons we recommend Built-Up Roofs with Gravel is its durability and that is because of the gravel itself. UV rays, temperature variations, hailstorms, rain, you name it. Gravel is your sword and shield against them all.
How? In this article, we will delve deep into Built-Up Roofs with Gravel, covering the details and, most importantly, its advantages for your roofing needs.
Advantages of Built-Up Roofs with Gravel
- Exceptional Durability
- Secondly, BUR can withstand challenging weather conditions such as strong winds, heavy rainfall, and extreme temperatures.
- The layer of gravel acts as a shield against UV rays preventing premature roof deterioration.
- Long life ranges from 20 to 30 years or even larger if proper maintenance is done.
- Resist fire hazards effectively as an extra layer of gravel acts as a fire barrier.
- Easy maintenance.
- The layer of gravel on a roof acts as a natural insulator.
- It has reduced energy consumption for heating and cooling.
- Lastly, Built-up roofs with gravel offer a visually appealing appearance.
Disadvantages of Built-Up Roofs with Gravel
The built-up roofs with gravel, while having certain merits, also have certain disadvantages.
- Added gravel to the roof can increase the weight of the roof system. This increase in weight demands more structural integrity and enhancements to the whole building network.
- Secondly, Built-up roofs with gravel demand regular maintenance.
- The installation process of the built-up roof with gravel is complex. It requires special expertise and equipment.
- The initial cost is high.
Lifespan and Durability
The following are some important tips you need to consider to enhance the life of the roof.
|Regular inspection will help you to detect any potential problem before time. It is recommended to inspect the roof twice a year.
|Debris can trap moisture. It can lead to premature deterioration of the roofing membrane.
|Ponding water that remains stagnant on the roof surface for more than 48 hours. Ensure proper drainage to address this issue
|Repair Leaks Promptly
|If you notice any signs of leaks address them as soon as possible. Leaks can lead to further damage and compromise the structural integrity of the roof.
|Maintain Gravel layer
|Over time, the layer of gravel may become thin. Make sure this layer remains even throughout the year.
|If any damage or issues are identified during inspections, it is crucial to address them quickly.
COST: Several factors can affect the cost which include:
- The size of the roof
- The complexity of the installation the location
- The specific materials used.
Generally speaking, built-up roofs with gravel require a number of layers, specialized equipment, and skilled labor for installation. Therefore, your initial costs might be towards the higher ends.
However, if you want the best quality and an economical setup for your built-up roofs with gravel then we recommend you contact your local contractors. They will evaluate your requirements, assess your scope, and come up with an estimate that will nod your head.
We have put it all in front of you to consider. Put it this way. A built-up roof with gravel is your roofing guru for your financial and physical problems. Although, It may be costly upfront, as all properly researched solutions are.
But in the long run, we assure you that it will serve as your means to profit.
What more do you need than profit?
Brickborne believes in accuracy and time construction without wastage of resources. We believe in economical and sustainable construction. With the advancing world, software is here to assist us in the construction field. Brickborne provides construction drawings as per codes of the region, 3D modeling, rendering, and animation walkthroughs of both interior and exterior, and quantity surveying and cost estimation. Choose us to change your dreams into reality as we say, Brickborne- We Design Your Ideas!