In an era of environmental consciousness, Green Buildings play a pivotal role in leading us towards a sustainable future. Beacons for eco-friendly practices, civil engineers constantly ask themselves, “How to make a building greener?” If you’re an enthusiast of green buildings and sustainable practices, searching for answers, then answers you shall get. How? Just read through the core principles and you’ll know exactly how to make a building greener.
How To Make A Building Greener With Renewable Energy
Sustainability rules as the top priority in green building design. Also called passive design, architects maximize natural light through clever window placement, using sunroofs as well given the latest trends. Engineers boast walls with superior insulation whereas manufacturers these days are consistently working on new cutting-edge HVAC Systems to minimize energy waste. But that’s not all there is to sustainable buildings. No sir. You can not only save energy but generate it too. Consider solar panels adorning your rooftops and wind turbines in large breezy fields. Whether you are in commercial or residential, this two-step approach will make sure you take your part in reducing the carbon footprint.
How To Make A Building Greener With Water
They say water is the elixir of life. They say correct but here we are taking this resource for granted. Not the civil engineering world though. To us, it’s a critical concern in green building. If we do not make new and improved Water Management Strategies a goal of ours, we’ll have a lot more on our plates than necessary. But how can we make Water Management in Green Buildings a goal of ours? Here’s how:
- Harvest Rain: Proper Rooftop Catchment Systems can go a long way. Designing Sloped Roofs to direct rainfall towards storage tanks can help replenish your water supply. Factor in filtration systems and you won’t have to worry about any impurities.
- Reuse Greywater: On a larger scale, engineers can design efficient filtration and purification systems to treat sewage waste. Imagine how much water is wasted like this but if we can reuse it again, it will be a step towards a Greener Future.
How To Make A Building Greener With Sustainable Materials
Simple. If you truly want to know how to make a building greener, all you have to do is use the following:
- Recycled Steel: This construction marvel, often referred to as the phoenix of the industry prides itself on having a reduced carbon footprint during production. Whether it is the beams or the resilient cladding it effortlessly combines durability with a friendly approach.
- Reclaimed Wood: Utilizing timber, such, as barn wood or vintage beams not only adds charm but also helps lessen our dependency, on new forest resources. When treated properly it can endure for a time serving as a symbol of sustainability.
- Reinforcing Bamboo: This incredible plant grows rapidly. Can be harvested in a manner within just a few years, unlike hardwoods which take much longer to grow. Its combination of strength, lightweight nature, and aesthetic charm has made it incredibly popular, in the field of construction.
- Concrete Recycled: Don’t waste your crushed dreams! Recycled concrete aggregate, which is made by crushing materials from demolished structures provides a chance, for existing resources. It helps reduce our dependence on materials and decreases the energy consumed in the construction process making it a true advocate for sustainability, in the building industry.
Look To A Greener Future
We all have an environmental responsibility to learn how to make a building greener. We have done our part, informing you of the possibilities. Now it is your turn. Look to a greener future. Pursue LEED and other green building certifications. Solidify your commitment to crafting resilient communities. Together.
Brickborne believes in accuracy and time construction without wastage of resources. We believe in economical and sustainable construction. With the advancing world, software is here to assist us in the construction field. Brickborne provides construction drawings as per codes of the region, 3D modeling, rendering, and animation walkthroughs of both interior and exterior, and quantity surveying and cost estimation. Choose us to change your dreams into reality as we say, Brickborne- We Design Your Ideas!